Studying abroad has always been a dream of students irrespective of their home countries. This has turned into a global phenomenon nowadays, with students crossing countries and continents to get the best possible education.
Experiencing a different culture, learning new languages, making foreign friends, and becoming independent are some of the key factors that attract students.
It is not easy. Unique challenges that come with going overseas for the study is a part of the fun and experience it provides. By studying abroad, students attain the ability to adapt and work within a multicultural environment which is one of the most important traits that employers look for in the global businesses of today.
The UK, Canada, and Australia are some of the favoured destinations with their highly regarded higher education systems, and a huge percentage of universities that are of the highest ranked institutes in the world.
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is a popular test worldwide with English speakers as proof for their proficiency. It is owned jointly by the British Council, Cambridge English Language Assessment, and IDP (International Development Program) Education Australia.
For anybody who plans to get admission in a university or educational institute, seeking a job at any business organization, or register for a visa from government agencies in countries such as the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, or Canada, the test can help you reach your education, career or life goals.
Experience Weighs More Than Research
As humans, we are in continuous learning all the time. When we find ourselves in new and unfamiliar scenarios, for example, a market in Regina or a train station in Manchester, even the smallest interactions can become significant lessons.
Even though you can research and find tons of information about a foreign country, there is literally no alternative for learning by experiencing, and engaging oneself in the everyday routines that moulded into the culture of that place. You will also learn very much about yourself in the process.
The IELTS examination is the same in terms of content, format, level of difficulty, and scoring for all purposes, i.e, whether you are applying for study, work, or a visa. If your test results are unsatisfactory, you can retake it as much as you would like.
The Academic IELTS is required for educational purposes such as university admissions while the General Training IELTS is intended for career and immigration purposes.
While you are looking for higher education prospects abroad, why not look at taking an MBA (Master of Business Administration) degree from a reputed university overseas. This is where the Graduate Management Admission Test comes into the picture.
Top universities around the world such as Harvard, Chicago Booth, Wharton, Stanford GSB, etc. accept the test score as a qualifying criterion for admission.
The return on investment is huge and job security is ensured. Nowadays, an MIM (master’s in management) degree is also offered by the European universities for students using their GMAT scores.
The Benefits Are Large
Still, if you are not convinced, here are some of the benefits for getting into that big overseas university:
- It will make your CV great– Employers will prefer candidates who have experience of living internationally and managing a multicultural environment.
- Enhance your language skills– You might have learned some foreign language or the other in school which you might not even remember. But studying abroad refreshes that memory and you will be surprised at how much you know.
- Learning a completely different culture– Your exposure to a very different community from yours and a variety of personalities will completely enhance your people skills and gives you in-depth knowledge about different cultures.
- Become independent- Moving abroad will make you self-reliant. You will no longer need to rely on somebody else, say your parents, and can learn to take complete responsibility of yourself.
- Gain life experience- It is one of the ultimate reasons to study abroad. You will learn to organize your life, handling uncertainties, and becoming self-sufficient.
Studying abroad through IELTS or GMAT is of utmost importance as it will provide an experience that will change you forever, both as a student and as a person/individual. Your time at a different place will teach you much more than what is on the syllabus.
It will give you invaluable opportunities as well as insight and a global perspective. When the world is your classroom, the learnings you gain will be unparalleled.
Interesting Related Article: “What is a Scholarship?“