People have improved their methods of protecting their homes from rain, sun, wind, and heat over the centuries. Roofing tiles have quickly become one of the most popular pitched roofing materials. However, new and improved materials have popped up over time, while the aspect – the iconic appearance – has remained unchanged. TECHNONICOL’s stone-coated metal roof tiles represent an incredible combination of prestigious traditions and cutting-edge technology. TECHNONICOL’s stone-coated metal roof tiles come in a variety of colors that are inspired by nature. It’s possible to match the design of your home with the colors that you choose for your walls and flooring.
What Are Stone Coated Metal Roof Tiles?
Stone-coated steel roofing is made of Galvalume steel that has been covered with stone granules adhered with acrylic polymer adhesives. In various profiles and colors, the material mimics traditional shake, tile, slate, and shingle roofing. The result is a lightweight, durable, and cost-effective roofing system with the strength of steel that is suitable for both new construction and re-roofing. Stone-coated roofing tiles fitted with the right underlayment and connection procedure provide safety, comfort, and protection from even the most severe weather situations.
10 Reasons Why You Should Consider TECHNONICOL‘s Stone-Coated Roofing Tiles for Your Next Project
Here are some of the characteristics of stone-coated roofing that set it apart from other materials.
- Lightweight: The weight of stone-coated roofing tiles per square foot is about 1.5 pounds. As a result, they are lightweight enough to be installed over most existing roofs. Stone-coated roof installation projects don’t require a messy tear-off, which would be costly and inconvenient.
- Interlocking High-Performance Design: stone coated metal roof tiles can withstand pounding rain as well as wind speeds of up to 120 mph. This reliability is because individual panels are completely interlocked. On the other hand, Aluminum roofs are subject to blow-offs associated with wind uplift, demanding quick roof repairs. This poor performance is something that stone-coated roofs can help you prevent.
- Exceptional Appearance: Increase your home’s overall exterior appeal by installing a stone-coated roofing system. It’s extremely fade-resistant, so you’ll have a pristine roof for many years. Furthermore, the stone chip coating acts as a natural weather- and sound-proofing barrier.
- Energy-Saving: Stone-coated roofs shield your home from Ultraviolet rays and keep it cooler in the summer, saving you money on cooling costs. Most people believe that metal roofs are ineffective insulators, resulting in a hot home in the summer and a cold interior in the winter. Surprisingly, metal roofs are generally energy-efficient, as they reflect the majority of heat away without absorbing excessive amounts.
- Durable: Steel is a tough material that can withstand much damage that conventional roofing materials can’t. It can withstand heavy rains, winds, hail, and other severe weather conditions. It’s also lighter than conventional roofing materials, making it easier to install.
- Minimal Maintenance: Asphalt tiles and shingles break easily; homeowners must regularly inspect them for deterioration. Stone-coated metal roof tiles don’t require nearly as much maintenance because of the steel’s long lifespan. You can spend less time fixing damage caused by harsh weather because steel can withstand any adverse weather conditions. The stone coating is specially intended to withstand fading and algae, so you won’t have to worry about upkeep.
- Long Life Expectancy: Traditional roofing materials have a life span of twenty years when properly maintained. Metal roofs that are properly built, on the other hand, can last for 50-70 years in a suitable climate. Much of this is due to steel’s superior durability over other materials. It is also extremely damage-resistant, making it an ideal long-term investment.
- Many Different Styles: Due to the manufacturing process, TECHNONICOL roofing experts can customize stone-coated tiles to any style, texture, or color. If you consider classic asphalt shingles or tiles, you may find it challenging to find a roofing material that complements the style of your home. Whatever the style of your home, you’ll discover a stone-coated roofing tile that works for you.
- Increases the Value of Your Home: While you may adore your current residence, you will likely be ready to relocate in the future. That is another significant reason why you should consider using stone-coated tiles. When it comes time to sell your home, a stone-coated roofing tile can increase its value and help you get the most money. This roofing material’s traditional appearance and elegant appeal can do wonders for the value of your home. When selecting a new roof, keep in mind that most buyers consider a well-maintained roof to be an important selling point.
- Eco-Friendly: Are you worried about your home’s carbon footprint? Stone-coated roofing tiles have a low environmental impact. These roofing tiles are made using recycled steel and have a lower environmental impact than typical roofing materials such as asphalt shingles and concrete tiles. Additionally, a stone-coated roofing tile might aid in energy efficiency in your home. The metal and stone combination can block out external heat or cold while maintaining the internal temperature.
Mistakes to Avoid When Installing Stone Coated Metal Roof Tiles
If you’re installing stone-coated metal roofing for the first time, here are some common mistakes to avoid.
- Incorrect flashing installation: Experts recommend that you avoid recycling your existing flashing and instead replace it with a new one. Apart from that, ensure that your roofer properly installs the flashing. Misaligned, overlapped, or incorrectly fastened flashings can cause roof leaks.
- Mismatching roofing tiles: Stone-Coated Roofing Tiles are available in various hues; it is critical that the entire set matches. A matching set of roofing tiles will result in a more coherent appearance and increased curb appeal. To avoid mismatching your roofing tiles, consider sourcing them e shingles from a single supplier.
- Incorrect fastener installation: Using improper fasteners is one of the most prevalent metal roof installation mistakes. It is without a doubt the primary source of roof leaks. When you over-or under-tighten the fasteners, gaps will form on your roof, and these spaces will allow water to leak into your house. As a result, screwing should be performed with minimal resistance, and you should properly tighten fasteners.
- Inadequate Underlayment: Underlayment is critical because it protects your stone-coated metal tiles from dampness. Inadequate underlayment will cost you more money in the long run, as you will need to replace your roof after some time.
- Incorrect sealant choice: Sealants help in preventing leakages. Properly sealing your roofing tiles is critical, and you must use a sealant designed specifically for stone-coated metal roofing tiles. If the improper sealant is used, the tiles will not expand uniformly, resulting in leaks.
Nothing compares to the confidence that comes with having a strong and reliable roof over your head. Homeowners and businesses in India can benefit greatly from the long-term durability of a stone-coated steel roof.
You may be interested in: Choices For Covering Garage Floors