Eggs are the most easily available, affordable, and a highly nutritious breakfast snack available in the market. Every year, World Egg Day is observed on the second Friday of October. One unit of egg contains 75 calories, 6-7 grams protein, 5 grams fat, and a variety of other nutrients.
For protein intake, people generally depend on dietary aid like protein powders supplement or natural foods like meat, poultry, fish, dairy items, fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds, etc. The high protein and low calorie content of eggs when combined with other nutrients is one of the healthiest ways to ensure a balanced meal.
It is important to have a protein-rich breakfast since it acts like a fuel for the body and provides the required energy. Here, we share some of the healthiest forms of eggs to get that protein boost, and start your day right:
Ingredients: Water, eggs, salt
- Carefully place some eggs in a saucepan, and ensure that you do not crowd them
- Add cold water to the pan. Make sure you fill it up till 1 inch over the eggs.
- Place the saucepan on the stove, add some salt, and let the water come to a boil.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the water boil for 4 to 12 minutes, based on your requirement.
- Take a large bowl, and fill it up with water and ice. Use tongs to remove the eggs from the saucepan and carefully place them in the bowl.
- Let the eggs cool down a bit. Take them out and gently peel them.
This is the easiest and healthiest form of eggs. They are a good source of protein, low in calories, and make your stomach feel full.
Scrambled Eggs with Vegetables
Ingredients: 4 eggs, oil, ginger-garlic paste (or chopped ginger and garlic), chopped onions, carrots, green bell pepper, cabbage, chilli sauce and soy sauce, salt and pepper
- Pour some oil in a heated frying pan, add the ginger-garlic paste, and sauté it.
- Once you notice the fragrance of ginger and garlic paste, add some chopped onion, and sauté till the onions start turning golden.
- Add the chopped carrot, bell pepper and cabbage, and allow them to cook for a while.
- When the veggies are almost cooked, add soy sauce and chilli sauce. Mix the sauces well with the cooked veggies.
- Beat the 4 eggs, add salt to the beaten mixture, and pour into the frying pan.
- Mix the egg mixture with the vegetables by tossing and folding until no visible liquid is left.
Voila! Your scrambled eggs with the goodness of veggies are ready. These can be served with rice, chapati or bread.
Mushroom and Spinach Omelette
Ingredients: Eggs, chilli flakes, spinach, boiled mushrooms, olive oil, bell pepper, pepper powder, garlic, salt
- Grab a bowl, crack open some eggs into the same, add the seasoning (chilli flakes, salt, pepper powder), and whisk well.
- Take a pan, add oil and sauté the garlic on medium heat.
- Add the bell pepper and boiled mushrooms, and let them cook
- After some time add the spinach as well.
- Pour the egg mixture and allow it to cook until the sides start turning golden-brown.
- Close the lid, and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes.
The delicious omelette can be served with bread. Several variations by adding ham and bacon, cheese, and more veggies can be experimented.
Ingredients: ⅔ cup milk, 2 eggs, brown sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon (ground), ¼ tbsp vanilla extract, 6 white bread slices, unsalted butter, salt
- Grab a bowl; add and whisk the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon.
- Butter a pan or griddle, and heat over medium high flame.
- Dip the bread in the egg mixture, and let it soak the same properly.
- Transfer the bread to the hot pan or griddle, and let it cook on both sides until it becomes golden.
You can also serve the french toast with chopped bananas and roasted, chopped walnuts as toppings. You can also switch the brown sugar for healthier alternatives like stevia. This recipe is not suitable for those with lactose intolerance since the base ingredient milk is a dairy product.
Using eggs with the yolk is suggested. Contrary to popular belief, the yolk is in fact good for health, and is also rich in choline – a healthy nutrient that aids overall functioning of the body.
So, these were some of the healthiest and easiest egg recipes for breakfast. Let us know about your views on the same in the comments below!
Interesting Related Article: “How to Properly Store Food Supplies in Your Restaurant“