Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. – Company Information
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. is a multinational American company that supplies industrial gases, performance materials, equipment and technology.
The company is based in Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA.
It is currently the world’s number one supplier of hydrogen and helium and has a significant position in growth markets such as coal gasification, semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, natural gas liquefaction, adhesives, and advanced coatings.
The company was founded in 1940, in Detroit, Michigan, by Leonard P. Pool.
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., operates in more than 50 countries, with 750 production facilities, over 1,800 miles of industrial gas pipelines, and 160 hydrogen fueling stations in 20 countries.
The company is comprised of three main business segments:
- Merchant Gases: supplies oxygen, nitrogen, argon, carbon dioxide, helium and hydrocarbon.
- Tonnage Gases, Equipment and Energy: supplies large volume or “tonnage” quantities of industrial gases, including hydrogen, synthetic gas, carbon monoxide, oxygen, and nitrogen.
- Electronics and Performance Materials: global supplier offering high-purity gases and materials, and delivery systems.
- CEO, Chairman, and President: Seifi Ghasemi
- Industry: Chemicals
- Type: Public company
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- NYSE stock symbol: APD
- S&P 500 Component
- Founded: 1940
- Founder: Leonard P. Pool
- Sales: $10.439 billion USD (2014)
- Net income: $991 million USD (2014)
- Earnings per share: $4.66 USD (2014)
- Company head office: 7201 Hamilton Boulevard, Allentown, PA, USA
- Employees: 21,200 (2014)
- Website: http://www.airproducts.com/
- Investor relations number: (610) 481-7461
- 750 production facilities
- 30+ industries served
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. Financial Results, Years Ended September 30
|Operating data (in $ millions)||2014||2013|
|Cost of sales||$7,634.6||$7,472.1|
|Selling and administrative expenses||$1,059.3||$1,066.3|
|Research and development||$141.4||$133.7|
|Net income attributable to Air Products and Chemicals, Inc.||$991.7||$994.2|
|Balance sheet data (in $ millions)|
|Total stockholders’ equity||$7,365.8||$7,042.1|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Basic earnings per share||$4.66||$4.74|
|Diluted earnings per share||$4.61||$4.68|
|Cash flow data (in $ millions)|
|Net cash provided by operating activities||$2,186.4||$1,553.1|
|Net cash used for investing activities||$(1,638)||$(1,697)|
|Net cash used for financing activities||$(504.3)||$115.4|
|Cash and cash equivalents at end of year||$336.6||$450.4|