MBN - Daily Bulletin
News Today – September 28, 2022
- Hurricane/Ian 1: Major hurricane bears down on Florida.
- Hurricane/Ian 2: Near Category 5 hurricane expected to deliver ‘catastrophic’ conditions in Florida.
- UK/Bond Market: Bank of England intervenes in bond market after historic sell-off.
- UK/Property: House prices in UK expected to fall by at least 10% in 2023.
- India/Reserves: India’s forex reserves are set to shrink further, stirring memories of the 2008 crisis.
- India/Rupee: Rupee posts another record low, but fares better than its Asian peers.
- China/Yuan: China’s Yuan hits record low against surging US dollar.
New Video Definitions
Today in History
- September 28, 2018: Cargo ship Venta Maersk completes journey through Arctic shipping lane, which opens due to ice melt.
- September 28, 2008: SpaceX, founded by Elon Musk, launched Falcon 1. It become the first privately-owned company to successfully send a liquid-fueled rocked into orbit.
- September 28,1994: The Estonia, a passenger ferry, sinks – 852 passengers die. The ship was traveling on an overnight cruise to Estonia’s capital, Tallinn.
- September 28, 1972: Japan and China agree to re-establish diplomatic relations.
- September 28, 1939: A Soviet-German agreement divides Poland between the the USSR and Nazi Germany.
- September 28, 1928: Alexander Fleming discovers penicillin by accident while working at his lab at St Mary’s Hospital, London..
- September 28, 1918: In Philadelphia, USA, a Liberty Loan parade exposes thousands of people to Spanish flu, which subsequently spreads rapidly through the city. The pandemic kills an estimated 20 to 50 million people globally.
- September 28, 1918: During World War I, a British soldier allegedly declines to shoot a wounded German soldier, lance corporal Adolf Hitler, aged 29.
- September 28, 1911: Italy issues an ultimatum to Turkey and declares was the following day.
- September 28, 1887: The Huáng Hé (Yellow River) floods in China – between 900,000 and 2 million people die.
- September 28, 1066: William the Conqueror lands in southeastern England.
- September 28, 935: Saint Wenceslas is murdered by Boleslaus I of Bohemia, his brother.
- September 28, 351: Roman Emperor Constantius II defeats usurper Magnentius in the Battle of Mursa, one of the bloodiest in Roman history.
- September 28, 48 B.C.: Pompey the Great, a Roman general and politician, is murdered upon landing in Egypt. King Ptolemy of Egypt ordered the assassination.
The website also features a very comprehensive financial glossary with thousands of terms and their meanings.
Contact our news editors
Feel free to send any business related press releases to: [email protected]