MBN - Daily Bulletin
News Today – September 27, 2022
- Predictions/Forecasts: Can you learn to predict the future?
- Hurricane/Ian: Hurricane Ian lashes Cuba as Florida braces for ‘major disaster’.
- India/Interest: Another rate hike likely when India’s central bank panel meets on September 28.
- US/Economy: US consumers are growing more optimistic about the US economy.
- US/Homes: House prices in the US cooled in July.
- UK/Sterling: No 10 denies row between UK prime minister Truss and chancellor Kwarteng over sterling crisis response.
- India/Reserves: The Reserve Bank of India may need to tap old ways to boost forex reserves – report.
- Pipeline/Accusation: Ukraine accuses Russia of Nord Stream pipeline terror attack.
- China/Isolation: Asia’s richest person Gautam Adani sees growing isolation for China.
- DWAC/Address: Trump-linked SPAC changes address to UPS Store as investors pull more than $130 million.
New Video Definitions
Today in History
- September 27, 1996: The Taliban and its leader Mohammad Omar seize Kabul and declare all of Afghanistan an Islamic state.
- September 27,1963: The Bureau of the Census announces that the US population stands at 190,000,000 (today it is 330 million).
- September 27, 1959: Typhoon Vera battered the Japanese island of Honshu, killing almost 5,000 people.
- September 27, 1940: Germany, Italy, and Japan sign the Tripartite Pact.
- September 27, 1939: Warsaw (in Poland) surrenders to Hitler’s army.
- September 27, 1936: Franklin Roosevelt appeals to Hitler for peace.
- September 27, 1918: During World War I, British troops attack the Hindenburg Line – the final offensive on the Western Front.
- September 27, 1908:The first Ford Model T leaves the Piquette Plant in Detroit, Michigan.
- September 27, 1822: Jean-François Champollion, a French scholar, says he has deciphered Egyptian hieroglyphics using the Rosetta Stone.
- September 27, 1821: Revolutionary Agustín de Iturbide and his forces occupy Mexico City as the Spanish withdraw – the Mexican War of Independence is over.
- September 27, 1590: Pope Urban VII dies, making his 12-day papacy the shortest in history.
- September 27, 1540: Jesuit Order established.
- September 27, 1290: A major earthquake in the Gulf of Chili (Bohai Sea) near China kills an estimated 100,000 people.
- September 27, 1066: William Duke of Normandy (William the Conqueror) embarks his army and sets sail for the Southeastern cost of England, i.e., the Norman Conquest begins.
The website also features a very comprehensive financial glossary with thousands of terms and their meanings.
Contact our news editors
Feel free to send any business related press releases to: [email protected]