CenturyLink, Inc. – Company Information
CenturyLink, Inc. is an American multinational network services company based in Monroe, Louisiana.
It is currently the third largest communications company in the US (after AT&T and Verizon), with 13.0 million total access lines at December 31, 2013 and 6.0 million broadband subscribers.
CenturyLink offers the following communication servies: local and long-distance, broadband, private line (including special access), Multi-Protocol Label Switching (“MPLS”), data integration, managed hosting (including cloud hosting), colocation, Ethernet, network access, public access, wireless, video services and other ancillary services.
Its advanced entertainment services are offered under the CenturyLink® Prism™ TV and DIRECTV brands.
In recent years the company has made a presence in cloud infrastructure and hosted IT solutions.
The history of the company traces back to a family owned business called “Oak Ridge Telephone Company” which operated in the early 1930s.
The business was later incorporated as Central Telephone and Electronics in 1968 and in 1971 it was renamed Century Telephone Enterprises, Inc.
Century went public on the New York Stock Exchange for the first time in 1973, under the stock ticker symbol CTL.
- CEO: Glen F. Post, III
- Type: Public
- Industry: Network Services and Communications
- Listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- NYSE stock ticker symbol: CTL
- S&P 500 Component
- Revenue: 18.095 billion USD (2013)
- Net loss: $(239) million USD (2013)
- Employees: 47,000
- Company head office: 100 CenturyLink Drive, Monroe, Louisiana, USA
- Corporate contact number: (318) 388-9000
- Investor relations contact: Kristina Waugh, Director, (318) 340-5627, [email protected]
- Website: http://www.centurylink.com/
- Subsidiaries: Qwest, CenturyTel companies, Savvis, Embarq
|Income data (in $ millions)||2013||2012|
|Total operating expenses||$16,642||$15,663|
|Total other income (expense)||$(1,229)||$(1,463)|
|Income before income tax expense||$224||$1,250|
|Income tax expense||$463||$473|
|Net (loss) income||$(239)||$777|
|Income before income taxes||$1,665.4||$1,681.5|
|Income tax provision||$215.5||$225.3|
|Balance sheet data (in $ millions)|
|Long term debt||$20,181||$19,400|
|Total stockholders’ equity||$17,191||$19,289|
|Common share data (in $)|
|Earnings (loss) per Common Share – Basic||$(0.40)||$1.25|
|Earnings (loss) per Common Share – Diluted||$(0.40)||$1.25|