FirstEnergy Corporation – Company Information
FirstEnergy Corporation is a US energy company, based in Akron, Ohio.
The company is publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol ‘FE’.
Through its subsidiaries and affiliates FirstEnergy is active in the generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity.
The company serves approximately 6 million customers across Pennsylvania, New York, Virginia, Ohio, West Virginia,, Maryland, New York, and New Jersey.
FirstEnergy has 10 electric utility operating companies that form one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric systems.
It controls of over 23,000 megawatts of capacity, and has more than 194,000 miles of distribution lines. FirstEnergy has a fleet of natural gas, nuclear, scrubbed coal, and pumped-storage hydro plants. On an annual basis the company produces approximately 100 million megawatt-hours.
FirstEnergy Corp. was formed in 1997 following the the merger of Centerior Energy Corporation and Ohio Edison Company. It was the 11th largest investor-owned electric system in the nation at the time.
In 2011 FirstEnergy acquired Allegheny Energy – a company that served 1.6 million customers in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Maryland and Virginia.
Below is an image of FirstEnergy’s 10 regulated distribution companies:
- President and CEO: Anthony J. Alexander
- CFO: James F. Pearson
- Type: Public
- Industry: Energy
- Publicly listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE)
- NYSE stock ticker symbol: FE
- S&P 500 Component
- Revenue: $14.917 billion USD (2013)
- Net income: $392 million USD (2013)
- Diluted earnings per share: $0.94 USD (2013)
- Founded: 1997
- Employees: 17,000 (2013)
- Corporate headquarters: 76 South Main Street, Akron, OH 44308, USA
- Corporate contact number: (800) 736-3402
- Website: https://www.firstenergycorp.com