Who Can Use Compression Socks?
Compression socks are a special kind of socks that you can wrap around your muscles, ligaments, tendons, ankles, calves, and feet and are made with a variety of fabric materials such as polyester and nylon. They serve the purpose of improving the overall blood flow of your body, specifically your legs!
Compression socks for men are in great demand since males are found to be spending a great deal of time in standing or sitting positions or doing an excessive workout that makes their legs go sore. Medically, compression socks are for people who have varicose veins, diabetes, venous insufficiency, lymphedema, ulcers, or swelling. Athletes and pregnant women can also use compression socks for improving overall blood circulation.
How to Wear Them?
Wearing a pair of compression socks isn’t rocket science. You just have to make sure that the stockings lie flat against your skin to avoid bunching. Try not to buy too long socks or roll them from bottom or top because it will make them tighter causing blood flow problems and cutting off free-flow or circulation.
If your doctor has recommended you wear compression socks, make sure to keep them on most of the time, except for when you’re taking a shower. Of course! Compression socks are not thick in fabric, you can easily wear slippers and shoes over them.
5 Reasons Why You Need To Make the Most Of Compression Socks.
- Boosts Blood Circulation: Compression socks help in better blood circulation throughout the body. Although the functionality of these socks may focus on your legs, they’ve been seen to facilitate blood circulation in your overall body system. It helps the blood and fluids to be pumped to the right places, causing a ripple effect, thereby improving the overall health of your body.
- Reduces Swelling: There can be a lot of reasons why your legs may swell such as surgery, ankle injury, or muscle tear. Putting on a pair of compression socks can help significantly in reducing the swelling in your legs as the socks work by carrying the fluid that has been built up within your limbs away from the affected area, thereby reducing swelling and promoting overall comfort.
- Supports Joints And Muscles: If you’re suffering from aging muscles or joints, try wearing compression socks. It can be of great support for your limbs. By compressing muscles in your leg, it can act as additional support in your daily activities like running, traveling long distances, or simply sitting for long hours. Compression socks not only assist in moving joints but also helps them in the right motion.
- Treats Varicose Veins: It is a vein that is visibly located just beneath the surface of the Compression socks can help reduce varicose veins and its painful symptoms. These veins are caused as a result of blood being accumulated in small valves of a person’s veins instead of flowing back to the heart. These veins are common to appear on legs or feet. Doctors recommend compression socks to reduce the discomfort associated with varicose veins.
- Supports In Recovery: Since your feet and legs have to bear most of the body weight, it builds a lot of pressure on muscle tissues especially when you are on your feet a lot. so in order to recover and repair muscles, compression socks can work wonders for you. It helps in increasing blood circulation from overworked legs to oxygen-rich blood cells thereby, helping in repairing your muscles quickly and making them feel refreshed for the next day.
Interesting Related Article: “Prevention and Treatment: How to Prevent Blood Clots“