Starting a dental practice can be tough. While most dentists prefer to establish their practice in metropolitan cities, a practice in smaller cities like Ocala, FL can actually be more beneficial for dentists. For starters, there is less competition in a smaller city as compared to a metropolitan and you have a chance of making more of an impact.
Why Small City Practices Maybe Better?
There are numerous benefits for a dentist to practicing in a small city. These include:
- Reduced cost of operation: From employee salary cost to office cost, you will be able to save more and spend money on what really matters.
- Less competition: Compared to a metropolitan city where you have competitions in thousands, small cities have far less competition which means you can serve more people within the area.
- Same fee: You don’t have to compromise on your fees, dental fees are generally the same in both metropolitan and small cities so you get the same amount for services rendered.
Now, these benefits have actually allowed locally owned and operated Vipcare Dental, dentistry in Ocala to make more of an impact. The dentistry which has operated in the city for over decades now has a stronghold within the community it serves. You would think that since it operates in a smaller city, their equipment and offerings wouldn’t be state of the art. But on the contrary, it has the latest, most innovative dental technologies which enable the practice to provide services in cosmetic and general dentistry. From dental implants to your routine clean, all the money the practice saves, which it would put towards office space, it reinvests in ensuring their dentists have the latest equipment.
At the same time, the dentistry ensures that all its dentists are constantly aware of the latest techniques. It invests in the development of its dentists and hygienist through training so they are familiar with the latest trends in dentistry. You will find that in small cities practices offer all the same services such as:
- Cosmetic dentistry: One of the more popular elements within dentistry, cosmetic dentistry helps individuals fix their smile. From dental veneers, crowns, teeth whitening, to implants this service includes everything related to improving the aesthetics of your smile and ensuring your teeth is in great shape.
- Restorative dentistry: While this may also come as part of cosmetic dentistry, it isn’t as elaborate in the sense that restorative dentistry is all about restoring your oral health to its original state. Essentially, it encompasses restoring missing and broken teeth through different procedures such as bridges, dentures, and implants.
- Sleep apnea: The condition is more common than we think and the dentist can look for symptoms that help diagnose sleep apnea. They even have the technology to help you combat mild sleep apnea.
Operating in a small city allows dentists to form a more meaningful bond with their patients. They sort of form a small community within the city with them. You find that bigger cities are all about that hustle and bustle, everyone is too concerned about trying to get to where they want to spend some quality time at the dentist. Therefore, their dental visits are just that, they go in and go out. In smaller cities, where life isn’t as fast-paced, patients and dentists can form more meaningful relationships and talk about more than just procedures and good oral hygiene. Which allows them to make more of an impact within the community, one smile at a time.
The relationships dental practices form in their communities gives them the opportunity to put in more of an effort for the betterment of the community. Another example of this is how Vipcare Dental has been able to go to schools within the city to raise more awareness about dental care in children from a young age. Not only has this helped with awareness but also allowed the practitioners to form a bond with children outside their practice. This meant that when the children come to their office for a visit, they are already familiar with the dentists which makes the child less anxious and the overall visit more pleasant.
Forget the lights and the glamour of working as a dentist in a metropolitan city. If you truly want to make an impact, you need to set your sights on establishing a practice in a smaller city. It will make your work a lot more meaningful and allow you to build relationship, making as strong as an impact as you initially hoped to do as a dentist.