A great website is a mark of simplicity. However, when it comes to it, there are so many different styles and approaches that you can go with. You could develop a website using a CMS like WordPress or hire a developer to start things from scratch.
However, not every beginner entrepreneur has a massive budget to spend on developing their website, let alone other factors like marketing and management. So to help you better, we’ve listed some easiest ways in which you could start developing your website.
So continue reading as we understand the different aspects of web development, and check out the easiest ways to start your business in the following sections. Let’s get started.
Different Ways To Develop A Website
Start With A Website Builder
Many people use website builders to develop their first-page thanks to their affordability and function. Website builders are an effective CMS system that simplifies the technical jargon and allows you to focus on the design and content of your website.
When looking for your options, you’ll come across the following:
- Wix – Best overall website builder
- Shopify – Best for scaling your online store
- GoDaddy – The fastest website builder
- Squarespace – Best value for money
Depending on your research and feasibility, you can test and sign up for your chosen website builder. However, while you’re at it, don’t overlook the possibility of a discount. While website builders range from a few bucks to a thousand dollars, most offer discounts to attract new customers.
Choose A Domain Name
Now that you can access a website builder, it’s time to choose a unique but relevant domain name for your business. Your domain name is like a URL that identifies your web page.
However, before you settle on any particular name, ensure that you think of the possible factors:
- Keep it relevant: While it’s obvious, many beginners overlook it. When choosing a domain, ensure that it matches the nature of your operations.
- Keep it short and memorable: No business would want its customers to forget their brand’s name. However, you might risk it if you buy a domain with dozens of characters to it. So try to keep it simple.
- Think of expansion: Don’t stick to a name that limits your business when looking for a domain. Instead, focus on a name that opens the door for future expansion.
- Look if the brand doesn’t already exist: There are millions of websites on the internet. This means there are millions of websites with matching or similar names. Therefore, check out if your domain stands out before buying it.
Once you know your chosen domain, pay the desired funds to sign up for the platform.
Select & Customize Your Website Design
Select a website design from an exhaustive list of templates for the next stage. Thanks to their unique approach, many website builders allow users to choose from various free and paid designs based on their niche and requirements.
So once you’ve selected a template design, it’s time to customize it to fit your requirement. There are numerous customization options, some of which include:
- Adding new pages to your navigation
- Adding new images on your homepage
- Selecting a different color palette
- Changing the size, fonts of buttons, and colors.
- Adding new elements like contact forms and menus
- Embedding social media channels
While these elements might look intimidating, you needn’t worry. Most website builders guide their users through different stages of customization, so you can only focus on what’s necessary.
Running a website all by yourself can be an intimidating experience. Interestingly, this is where plugins come into the picture. No matter what you need your site to do, there’s a plugin that allows you to simplify your operations for the same.
Installing a plugin can add functionality to your site at the click of a button. For instance, today, you can easily include forms and social media integrations into your website using easily available plugins.
What’s more? Plugins help you add new features and include new payment options to your website. For example, the CoinGate plugin allows you to add a new payment option to your website. The payment platform allows you to receive crypto payments without attracting any additional fees.
Test & Publish Your Website
Now that you’ve worked on almost all website elements, it’s time to test and publish your page online. However, your job isn’t done there. Once your business is live and running, it’s time to introduce new changes (based on your customer’s requirements) and adapt to user feedback.
Now You Know!
This brings us to the end of our blog on how you could start developing your website. So now that you have an idea of how to create your website, we hope you make the most of your operations. All the best!