SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) provides social grants to eligible South African citizens and permanent residents who meet specific criteria. The grants include Old Age Grants, Disability Grant, Child Support Grant, Foster Child Grant, Care Dependency Grant, War Veterans Grant, and Grant-in-Aid. The grant amounts and eligibility criteria vary depending on the type of Grant. To apply for a SASSA grant, applicants must submit the required documentation to SASSA and meet the eligibility criteria for the specific Grant they are applying for.
Sassa R350 Grant
The SASSA R350 Grant was a special COVID-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant provided to eligible South African citizens or permanent residents who were unemployed or informally employed and were not receiving any other form of social Grant or income. The Grant was meant to provide temporary relief during the COVID-19 pandemic. The R350 Grant was provided for six months and was paid out in monthly installments of R350. The Grant was available for applications from May 2020 to April 2021. It’s important that the R350 Grant Sassa was a once-off special grant and is not currently available.
How to Apply for an r350 Grant?
The application process was primarily online, and the application period has since closed. However, here are the general steps for applying for the Grant:
- Visit the SASSA website to apply for the Grant.
- Click on the link for the COVID-19 SRD grant application form.
- Fill out the application form with your personal details, including your identity number, cellphone number, and banking details.
- Submit the application form, along with any other required documents, such as proof of income or bank statements.
- Wait for SASSA to review your application and confirm whether you are eligible for the Grant.
- If you are approved, you will receive the grant amount of R350 per month, paid directly into the bank account you provided.
Again, please note that the application period for the R350 Grant has closed, and this Grant is no longer available.
Eligibility Criteria for Sassa r350 Grant
The eligibility criteria for the SASSA R350 Grant were specific to this once-off COVID-19 social relief of distress grant, and the application period for this grant has since closed. However, here are the eligibility criteria that applied during the application period:
- Applicants must have been South African citizens, permanent residents, or refugees who were registered on the Home Affairs database.
- Applicants must have been unemployed or informally employed, and they must not have received any other form of income or social grant.
- Applicants must have been between the ages of 18 and 59.
- Applicants must not have been a beneficiary of UIF (Unemployment Insurance Fund) or other COVID-19 government relief schemes.
- Applicants must have had a valid cellphone number and bank account, as the grant payments were made via electronic funds transfer.
- Applicants must have been residents of South Africa during the application period.
Sassa R350 status check
If you have applied for the SASSA R350 Grant and would like to check the status of your application, you can do so by following these steps:
- Visit the SASSA website at
- Enter your ID number in the space provided.
- Click on the “Submit” button to check your application status.
Alternatively, you can Sassa status check your application by sending an email to Sassa email and by providing your ID number and other relevant details.
It is notable there is a high volume of applications, it may take some time for SASSA to process your application and provide you with a response. It’s important to be patient and allow sufficient time for your application to be processed.
Interesting Related Article: “ What Canadian Entrepreneurs Should Know About Government Grants“