Browsing Category

News

Yahoo stocks climb back up

Yahoo stocks hit $30 for the first time since February 2008, when Microsoft made an unsolicited bid to acquire the company. Reaching this point seemed unachievable until Marissa Mayer took over as Chief Executive Office (CEO) in 2012.…

August retail sales disappoint, USA

August retail sales rose by 0.2%, compared to a revised 0.4% in July, the US Commerce Department informed. August saw the smallest increase since April. The 0.2% increase in August retail sales was in comparison to the month before.…

Inequality grows in America

The difference in income between the 1% richest and the other 99% was higher than ever in 2012, researchers from the University of California, Berkeley, the Paris School of Economics and Oxford University have revealed in an updated study.…