After you’ve spent hours working on a logo for your company or project, there finally comes the moment when you’re ready to reveal it to the world. However, at this stage the challenges are not yet over. To make your logo look professional and keep your brand image consistent, you need to take care of multiple things, such as finding a beneficial location, choosing the best way to display your image, etc. If you don’t have a logo yet, the Logaster logo maker can help you with that in the nick of time. From this article, you will learn how to brand your social media pages to achieve an effective level of personalization.
Why does a strong social media presence matter?
Social media platforms are in the avant-garde of brand promotion, making people aware of noteworthy businesses, influencers, events, and more. Building a good reputation online takes a lot of work. You need to regularly post news about your company, entertain your audience with curious facts regarding what you do, make updates on local events and special offers, etc. Plainly speaking, your task is to present your brand in the best light possible.
In this context, your networking skills cannot be overestimated. By building your social media presence brick by brick, your pull in new clients, partners, employees, and investors. Plus, social media is a great tool for providing information in a fast and easy-to-perceive way.
By gathering feedback from your clients, you can identify your company’s strong and weak points. On top of that, social media allow you to give fast replies to your customers, increasing your brand credibility. If you work hard, you have all chances to win the loyalty of a vast audience, which is a priceless asset for any business.
Improve your SEO by posting unique content on a regular basis. This will get your pages to the top of search results. The proper use of your social media pages can also reinforce your marketing efforts, breathing a new life into your corporate blog, newsletters, webinars, and offline events.
What social platforms are the best for your brand?
Social networks each offer a unique set of features and different ways of customer engagement. How do you know which platform(s) is right for your brand? We have some tips for you.
- Take the nature of your business as a reference point. YouTube (videos) is good for promoting art, Instagram (photos) works great for clothing and self-care products, SoundCloud is the best choice for music products, and Facebook can be used for other goods and services.
- Use web analytics to find out which social platform will drive most traffic to your website. There is no need to scrutinize every famous platform. Choose one or two options that could potentially generate a strong flow of customers to your business.
- You can create accounts with all major social platforms, if you want. The most important thing here is to fill up your pages with relevant information and corporate designs. This will help your audience identify your business.
- Come up with a solid communication strategy for each channel. For instance, Facebook is an ideal place for posting articles and news, managing orders and feedback, employing target advertising strategies, and more. If you have an Instagram page, focus on product sales. When it comes to YouTube, you need to find a way to connect with your audience through videos.
Why do you need good-looking social media pages?
It’s not just about setting up a social media account. The main challenge is to add high-quality content. While the role of social media in business is important, Internet users are overwhelmed by numerous brand logos and corporate images they see on the web every day. To stand out, it’s crucial that you have both useful and eye-catching social media page. This is the only way to attract potential customers. Be sure to promote your brand using a memorable logo and other corporate designs.
– It’s in your power to create several company images customized for different platforms. This way, you’ll be able to control the way your audience perceives your brand.
–Needless to say that branded content is way more effective than generic photos, videos, and texts. Personalizing your content is a sure way to build customer loyalty.
A well-planned social media presence is vital for any company, and its advantages are many. However, one of the best things an online presence can do for your business is to help you develop a strong bond with your brand supporters.
Tips for social media branding
Once you’ve outlined your marketing goals and set up your social media pages, it’s time to customize the latter by adding unique content. Let’s get started!
– Keep using the same style for images, graphic patterns, text fragments, etc. across all your pages. Such a consistency can go a long way, allowing your audience to recognize your company even without seeing your logo or brand name.
– Adjust your graphics (profile pictures, covers, etc.) to fit each social platform. By the way, Logaster offers the appropriately sized logos for all major social platforms.
– If you need to upload a small profile picture, be sure to use a simplified logo version devoid of minor details. This way, your image will be legible.
– Your profile picture and cover are the first things visitors see on your page. Unless you want to want to ruin the first impression, it’s important that those images have the same design.
– Try to place your corporate designs on the same side of the page.
– As said earlier, your cover image will be an eye catcher, so use it for displaying important information, such as discounts, special offers, etc.
– Test your page on various devices (laptop, smartphones, etc.) to make sure every image, piece of text, etc. is displayed in the proper way. Remember that even a tiniest mistake can sabotage your marketing efforts and render your brand less attractive.
Here is an easy guide to uploading your logo to social platforms!
How do you add an avatar (profile picture) to your social media pages?
We’ve come up with a detailed explanation of how to add your newly created logo to your social media platforms. If you want your visual content has a WOW effect on your audience, you need to make sure your images have the right dimensions recommended for each platform.
Image dimensions for major social media platforms (2019)
Link posts: 1200 x 630 px
Image posts: 1200 x 630 px
Cover image: 820 х 312 px
Profile image: 170 х 170 px
Image posts: 1024 x 512 px
Cover image: 1500 х 500 px
Profile image: 400 x 400 px
Image posts: 1080 x 1080 px
Profile image: 110 x 110 px
Thumbnail image: 1280 x 720 px
Cover image: 2560 x 1440 px
Profile image: 800 x 800 px
Image posts: 735 x 1102 px
Profile image: 165 x 165 px
Link posts: 180 х 110 px
Image posts: 350 x 230 px
Cover image: 646 x 220 px
Profile image: 400 х 400 px
A Facebook page requires a logo in the PNG format.
How to add a profile image: After logging into your Facebook account, click on the camera symbol on your profile image. Upload your logo to the website. You can rotate or crop your image, if you need to.
How to add a cover image: On your Facebook page, hover a cursor over the existing cover image and click “Update Cover Photo.” Select “Upload a Photo” and download the image. Do the editing, if necessary, and then click “Save Changes.”
Before uploading your PNG logo, don’t forget to resize it to the correct dimensions accepted by Twitter. Note that Twitter requires that you create an individual page for your brand.
How to add a profile image: In your Twitter account, go to the right-side menu and select “Edit Profile.” Then click on the camera icon and choose to upload a photo. Select your logo and click “Open.” Do the necessary editing and click “Save Changes.”
How to add a cover image: In your Twitter account, click the “Edit Profile” button. Then click on the camera icon and choose to upload a photo. Select your logo and click “Open.” Finish editing by clicking “Save Changes”.
Before uploading your PNG logo to your Instagram page, be sure to resize it according to Instagram’s recommended dimensions.
How to add a profile image: On your Instagram page, click the icon with three dots and select “Edit Profile.” Click “Change Photo” and then “New Profile Photo.” Select your logo file and click “Next.”
Before uploading your PNG logo, make sure it has the recommended dimensions for profile images on LinkedIn.
How to add a logo to your LinkedIn Company Page: On your company page, click the photo icon. Then select “Edit” and “Edit Profile.” Scroll down to the “Company Logo” section and click “Edit” to add a new logo. Click “Save.”
Before uploading a logo to your YouTube channel, you need to resize it to fit the recommended dimensions.
How to add a profile image (icon): Click on the icon in the upper right corner of the page or select “My Channel.” Hover a cursor over the existing profile picture and click the Edit icon. Click on “Edit” and upload your logo.
How to add or edit channel art: Select “My Channel.” Click the Edit icon by hovering a cursor over your channel art (cover image). Select “Edit channel art” to upload your logo. Then click “Save.”
Use the recommended dimensions for your images.
How to add a logo: Locate your name in the right upper corner and choose “Settings” from the menu. Scroll down to the “Profile” section. Click “Change picture” to upload your logo. Then click “Save Settings.”
It goes without saying that marketing needs to adapt to new technologies. Social media plays a very important role in both communication and business strategy. Social networks allow businesses to connect with their target audiences across different platforms. We hope that this article has given you expert insights into how to develop your brand recognition through social media. The golden rule is to choose quality over quantity. Develop a long-term strategy and produce relevant content to attract and retain your visitors.
Video – What is a brand?
All the strategies we described in this article are part of brand management. Watch this MBN (Market Business News) video which describes the meaning of brand in easy-to-understand language.